PreK through 5th Grades –
- Develop an appreciation for many different genres of literature.
- Become familiar with the writings of many different authors.
- Learn to take good care of library materials.
- Learn to locate the materials in the library that they want to use.
- Learn responsibility for library materials by returning them when due.
- Learn methods to research different topics.
6th through 8th Grades –
- These students use the library independently.
- Library computers are available for class projects.
- Special Projects and Events
- “Reading Around the World” reading incentive for PreK through 5th
- Fifth grade students create and display posters about the countries through which “Reading Around the World” travels.
- Fourth grade students participate in readers’ theaters portraying various kinds of folk literature.
- In April, “Poem in Your Pocket” week is celebrated.