- Reading – Reading Street 2008 Pearson Education, Inc.
- Emphasis on word recognition, fluency, and comprehension
- Includes: Spelling, Phonics, Vocabulary, Language, Writing and Handwriting
- Math – My Math 2014 McGraw Hill Companies, Inc.
- Emphasis on subtraction
- Includes: addition and subtraction with and without regrouping, numbers to one thousand, money, time, and measurement
- Science –A Closer Look 2011 McGraw Hill Companies, Inc
- Emphasis on Life, Earth and Physical Sciences
- Includes: Life cycles, habitats, weather, magnets, simple machines and creation care
- Social Studies –People and Places 2011 Pearson Education, Inc.
- Emphasis on Communities, History, and Government
- Includes: Community Helpers, landforms, 50 states, pioneers and biographies
- Bible –A Place to Belong: Journey’s with God
- Emphasis on Moses to the Promised Land and Jesus’ birth to Resurrection
- Includes: Ten Commandments, Twelve disciples, Lord’s Prayer, and the Great Commission
Special Activities and Projects
- Reading Buddies – once a week read to Kindergartners
- Trucker Buddy Pen Pal – Monthly writing correspondence with a Trucker Buddy through truckerbuddy. org
- Poetry Festival – each student memorizes and recites a poem
- Animal Reports – using a structured framework, each student writes about one animal
Typical Field Trips
- Middle Creek Wildlife – learn about mammals and take a hike
- MCC Material Resource Center and Ten Thousand Villages – opportunites to help people in other countries
- Zoo America – observe and learn about North American animals