“I love our teacher! I love how we run the ‘Dessert of the Month’ program, and I love that we have ‘DEAR’ time (Drop Everything And Read).”
-A 6th grader
- Reading – Reading Street 2008 Pearson Education, Inc.
- Emphasis on grammar and comprehension
- Includes: Spelling, Grammar, Vocabulary, Literature, and Writing
- Math – My Math 2014 McGraw Hill Companies, Inc.
- Emphasis on Ratios and Proportions, The Number System, Expressions and Equations, Geometry, and Statistics and Probability
- Includes: operations using fractions, decimals and integers, percent, equations, area and volume, and statistics
- Science –Earth & Space Science 2012 McGraw Hill Companies, Inc
- Emphasis on Earth Sciences
- Includes: exploring the Earth, geological changes, weather and climate, water and exploring the universe
- Social Studies –Growth of a Nation 2011 Pearson Education, Inc.
- Emphasis on United States history from the Civil War to the present
- Includes: geography, biographies, and map skills
Bible teacher and scholar A.W. Tozer once said, “The most important thing about you is what you think about when you think of God”. The 6th grade Bible class explores 18 metaphors of God given to us in His Word. Each metaphor in an attempt to express the unfamiliar in terms of the familiar. Our God is so great, we cannot fully understand Him! This study draws Him close and personal to each student as we stand in awe of Him as our Creator, yet embrace the fact that He is a Rock we can build our lives upon, the Perfect Father, offers protection as a Hen, is true satisfaction as the Bread of Life; just to name a few. He truly is a personal God!
Fine Arts Electives
- Weekly classes on topics above and beyond regular classroom curriculum
- Students choose 3 different classes each year
- Classes include Bible classes, cooking, chess, photography, art classes, computer based classes and more
- Special Projects and Events
- Chapel-held weely with Middle School
- Opportunities to play various musical instruments, as well as, be part of band
- Knowledge Fest- research an invention, write a report and create a presentation that is on display at a ‘fair’ with 7th and 8th grades
Typical Field Trips
- Lancaster Science Factory
- Service Project
- Lancaster City